This site is for you, regardless of your previous knowledge or experience of OER and OEP. It aims to foster collaboration in the best spirit of openness.
- You might have heard about Open Educational Practices (OEP) and be wondering how your existing educational practices might be reconfigured and rejuvenated by the sharing of free and openly licenced material.
- You may know a little about Open Educational Resources (OER) and wonder how they can be useful to you or your students or community.
- You might already be using OER and starting to experiment with re-versioning materials you’ve discovered online for the specific needs of your group of students.
- You may have vast experience of OER and have developed open educational practices (OEP) which you are willing to share with others who are just starting to discover the role of OER in shaping their educational practice.
- You may wonder what all these terms mean and feel like you do not know this world at all.
Learn more about OEP and OER …
- You can use the OER search to find Open Educational Resources which are in various worldwide repositories and sites.
- Discover Open Educational Practices which you could use in your context.
- Search this site to find good open educational practice guidance in the articles, blog posts and find online and face to face events when you can learn about open educational practices with others.
- Suggest a Case Study of Using Open Educational Practices in your context or Creating your own OER or Open Educational Practice - if you have a good story to tell please contact us either via the OEPS community forum or via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn how to create open educational resources, find out about open licences and share your open practices in the OEPS community. Study our free course Becoming an Open Educator which gives you opportunities to explore these topics in greater detail.
You can search for a community group which focusses on your topic of interest or start a new one to foster supportive collaboration in your open community.
This is a new website and further developments are planned. We welcome your feedback - please complete this short feedback questionnaire.