Please read this Conditions of Use carefully. They apply to the website you are using which linked to these Conditions of Use (the “Site”). They govern your use of the Site.
We may change these Conditions of Use from time to time by updating this page. You should review this page regularly. Your continued use of the site after changes have been made will be taken to indicate that you have read and accepted those changes. You should not use the site if you are not happy with any changes to these Conditions of use.
Conditions of Use
- You agree to use the site only in accordance with these Conditions of Use for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Site.
- Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the Site and impersonating another person (for example by using their login details).
- If you are under 16 please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before creating your account. Users without this permission are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
- All copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) belonging to the Opening Educational Practices in Scotland Project (OEPS) project such as the OEPS logo and brand shall remain vested in the Opening Educational Practices in Scotland Project.
- Unless specifically stated, the content on this site is released by the Opening Educational Practices in Scotland Project or third party providers under a Creative Commons Licence. This means you can copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public any of the content which carries the Creative Commons Licence, so long as you acknowledge the source of content which originated form this site by copying and displaying the Creative Commons licence information and URL with any of the content you use or reuse.
- You must however read these intellectual property rights as being subject to any restrictions on use applying to any materials or content on the Site including photographic images, videos and text whether directly on a page of the Site or contained in a document (e.g. a pdf) accessible from a page of the Site) (“Materials”) or part of them as video and photographic images which are subject to the special restrictions set out in the Creative Commons Licence (“Special Restrictions”).
- If you do not agree to be bound by the Creative Commons Licence or any Special Restriction then you must not use Opening Educational Practices in Scotland materials made available under these terms.
- Your account on this site is not a registered Open University account, it relates to this Site only. If you decide to use the OpenLearn Works or OpenLearn websites operated by The Open University, you will need to register for a free Open University account.
- When you register on this site we will grant access to this Site and will be required to provide the following personal information: you name and contact information, including a valid email address, information about your personal or professional interests, demographics and contact preferences.
- Your registration information will be used by us for the following: internal record keeping; analyse patterns and trends of use and the uptake of different parts of the site; to improve the site for all users and to contact you for research purposes.
- This website contains links to other websites beyond the control of the OEPS project or The Open University which hosts this site. Once you have left the Site we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your content and information
- Certain pages of the Site permit you to post, send or upload content and information. If you do this we will take this to mean that you have read and accepted these Conditions of Use.
- You must not post, send or upload any such content or information:
- Unless you own or have appropriate rights to use the intellectual property rights subsisting in or relating to that content and information unless you are sure that posting, sending or uploading the same does not infringe the rights (including but not limited to the intellectual property rights) of any other person or organisation;
- Which is or could be considered defamatory, derogatory or inappropriate with regard to the OEPS project, its partners or customers or any other person or organisation;
- Which contains any confidential information about a person or organisation (unless you have permission of that person or organisation);
- Which contains any offensive, obscene or criminal content or any other content which may cause embarrassment to the OEPS project, its partners or any other person or organisation;
- Which contains any personal data about another person including names, contact details and sensitive personal data (for example information about an identified or identifiable individual’s mental or physical health, racial or ethnic origin, religious or other beliefs). The Information Commissioner’s website provides more guidance on what is personal data and sensitive personal data.
- The OEPS project is not responsible for any content and/or information which you post, send or upload onto the Site. We reserve the right to withdraw any such content and/or information without notice and at our sole discretion and to pursue any cause of action against you available to us under applicable laws.